We have tested this Brother DCP-8040 mono multifunction printer and this DCP-8040 delivers a great performance. As the multifunction printer, the DCP-8040 features many machines including printer, copier, as well as a color scanner. However, this printer does not bring a fax capability, so it will work best for home office or small to medium office.
The Brother DCp-8040 printer is equipped with RAM 32 MB which is expandable up to 160 MB. You will also find a 5-lines and a 22-character LCD display at the front of the printer as the main control panel. In addition, the DCP-8040 comes with a standard input and output paper drawer with 250 sheets each tray, a single-sheet by-pass tray, and this printer also brings a 50-page Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) which is used for sending and receiving the multipage to the scanner. This printer only has single PC connectivity using a USB 2.0 port.
You might also like: Brother DCP-7060D All-in-one Printer
Talking about the performance, this Brother DCP-8040 has on above average performance. The print speed can print up to 21 pages per minute for both print and copy. This print also delivers an outstanding print quality up to 2,400 x 600 dpi. Meanwhile, the printer can scan files in a maximum resolution up to 9,600 x 9,600 dpi.
Brother DCP-8040 System Requirements and Compatibility:
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/ Mac OS Sierra 10.12 / Linux.
Free Download Driver and Software Brother DCP-8040 for Microsoft Windows & Macintosh:
Operating Systems: (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
- Brother DCP-8040 Windows Printer Driver ⟹ Download (120.65 MB)
Operating Systems: Mac OS X (10.8), Mac OS X (10.7), Mac OS X (10.6)
- Brother DCP-8040 Mac Printer Driver ⟹ Download (26.04 MB)
You might also like: Brother DCP-7040 Inkjet All-in-One Printer
Simple Steps of Installing Brother DCP-8040 Driver on Your Computer:
- The first thing that you need to do is downloading the driver that you need to install the Brother DCP-8040. When you are downloading the necessary files, you need to make sure that the file associated with the Brother DCP-8040 will match your current computer specifications.
- The second thing that you need to do is finding out the setup files that you have downloaded earlier and run the files. Once you have run the file, you will only need to follow all of the installation process of Brother DCP-8040.
- You just need to wait until the whole installation processes to finish. Do not forget to fill in some information when you are asked to do so. When the whole processes are finished, the Brother DCP-8040 is already installed and you can use the printer directly.
Simple Steps of Uninstalling Brother DCP-8040 Driver from Your Computer:
- The first thing that you need to do is going to the Control Panel screen on your windows explorer. You can easily access this window by clicking start and input “Control Panel” on the black space.
- The second thing that you need to do is choosing the “Uninstall a Program” that you can find on the top area of the windows.
- Once you have click that option, you just need to pick the Brother DCP-8040 driver from the list. Once you click on the driver, you will get the option to uninstall the driver. Make sure you pick that option.
- You just need to wait few minutes for the whole processes to be finished and when the process is finished, and then you are ready to go. The Brother DCP-8040 driver has been uninstalled from your computer.